<VV> Octane

Thesuperscribe at cs.com Thesuperscribe at cs.com
Sun Sep 18 06:11:44 EDT 2005

Am wondering if my experience with octane matches others'.

When refiners in California reduced their premium gas from 92 to 91, the 110
engine in our '64 Monza began pinging when hot and under heavy loads, and
dieseled when shut off. These symptoms have disappeared now that we are in Ohio,
where premium is still 92 octane. Do you folks find that 110 and maybe 102
engines absolutely need 92 as a minimum octane?

BTW, if anyone in VV is in central Ohio and in the Mid-Ohio Vair Force, I'd
appreciate hearing from you. I'd like to link up with individuals and the club,
but its email address and phone number have not gotten me any responses so
far (maybe my reputation has preceeded me, ha ha). You may reply offline.

--Tom Berg