<VV> Katrina (no corvair)

Thomas Stingl tsc01 at corvair.de
Thu Sep 1 16:20:39 EDT 2005

> I understand that France will help, but only if they get

Don't you US guys be to harsh on the French guys ... there is a
difference between politics and the people.
Anyway, of course it made the news also around here, of course we have a
never seen before jump in gas price too, and of course the German chancelor
officially offered help, e.g. drinking water facilities, helicopters, whatever.
We have a civil institution for disaster relief, called THW - Technisches
Hilfswerk ... in the past, you could choose between 1.5 years army or 4 years
THW ...
The world is connected nowadays, in good or bad ...

Thomas

--
Thomas Stingl | ts1 at corvair.de | http://corvair.de/ | ICQ# 258018925
1961 Rampside - 1962 Greenbrier - 1962 Monza Wagon - 1963 Corvan