<VV> 140 engines and A/C

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Oct 13 18:03:22 EDT 2005

In a message dated 10/13/2005 2:05:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
corvair65 at verizon.net writes:

This got  me to wondering if the 140 engine offered A/C in '666 or if it ever
was an  option on the 140.

The devil you say! <grin> Yes 1966 Corsa had an A/C option. The  special
bracket kicked up the compressor to clear the passenger side secondary  carb. That
was the bracket used on all 1967 Corvairs with A/C - I believe, no  matter
which carbs. I had a 1966 Corsa coupe, converted to a Stinger, with A/C.  It
went back east after restored back to a Corsa (not by me!) -  Seth