<VV> 140 engines and A/C

Russ Moorhouse corvair65 at verizon.net
Thu Oct 13 17:03:12 EDT 2005

In a recent post concerning the '66 Corsa vert that sold for 18K, someone
stated it's a nice car but it isn't a turbo and doesn't have A/C.

This got me to wondering if the 140 engine offered A/C in '666 or if it ever
was an option on the 140.  From the A/C units I've seen, the compressor sits
right were the secondary carb would be on the right side.  If they did offer
A/C on the 140, where was the compressor mounted?

I know the 65 Corsa I have was loaded with options by the original owner,
but he couldn't get it with A/C on the 140, I don't know about the turbo.
Living in Alabama, it didn't his wife long to convince him to get another
car and give the Corvair to their son.

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member