<VV> No Corvair, just more info on the plugged carb question

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane at it.BAESystems.com
Mon May 9 16:15:23 EDT 2005

	Maybe.  I did work on marine engines as a college kid.  Most
carbs I did work on had no need for accel pumps because throttle
movement is gradual (they're levers) and you don't "mess around" with
the throttle(s) once you get to a plane.  (pedals are only for race
boats).

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa CVT
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of
GYoungwolf at aol.com
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2005 4:05 PM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: <VV> No Corvair, just more info on the plugged carb question

I posted a question this weekend as to why some older carbs I am
restoring might have a mechanically plugged accelerator pump circuit. I
have since determined from the owner that 3 of them were used on a
performance marine engine <<They are for a triple downdraft flathead
Gray marine 244CI 160HP inboard marine engine.  these were the highest
performance, highest hp of the fireball
series by Gray Marine which was Gray's "racing" series>>   Does anyone
know
whether this explains eliminating the circuit???
Thanks,
Grant