<VV> Lots of chit chat

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Thu Mar 17 17:11:01 EST 2005

At 10:22 hours 03/17/2005, corvairs wrote:
>Lots of chit chat about the weather etc. Isn't anyone working on Corvair
>projects any more? This is not a good sign, especially for the end of
>winter......
>
>Lon Wall

Well, I *WAS* working on Vairs, particularly the newly acquired red
Lakewood, rebuilding carbs... managed to get one of them done between the
monsoons and blizzards  until General Mud and General Winter came back to
town with a vengeance...  the other carb remains soaking in the carb bucket
awaiting temps above freezing and of course a halt to the
precipitation.    I unfortunately do not at this time have access to a
garage (that's not already filled with something else) in which to stick
the Lakewood so as to work on it in all-weather conditions.

See my  comment earlier about the FIFTH snowfall we got greeted with this
morning.

This weekend the weatherdood has hinted that maybe the weather *Might* warm
up a bit.   It had better...   I'm armed and dangerous and tired of snow,
mud, rain, wind, and lumpy Samurai differential bearings.

And I have other stuff to do besides the red Lakewood...

Need to rebuild the master cylinder on the pink/blue Fiat Multipla.
Need to do some head work on the blue '69 Monza.
Need to get the "other" 140hp engine out of storage, pull it down and
overhaul it.
Need to start back on additional mods to that Porsche to fit the Vair
driveline in it.
Need to finish putting the trim/badges/bumpers back on the red '60 Monza
(after it's buffed).
Need to finish prepping the '65 Corsa ragtop for paint.
Need to eventually start in on doing the rest of the paint prep on the '60
4-door daily driver.
Need to get some paint on the Dodge Ram pickup before the sheet metal rots.
Need to get the carbs rebuilt and back on the green '69 Monza and get it
dialed in.
Need to put ANOTHER starter on the '62 ragtop which ate its bendix Sunday.
(speaking of starters) Need to put brushes in the Yugo GVX starter.

That's just what comes to mind as I speak.     Soon as the friggin' weather
gives me a BREAK I'm on it.

tony..