<VV> Re: Aluminum Tig Weldiing Advice

Garth Stapon stapon1 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 6 19:52:31 EST 2005

Frank:

There are differences with each manufacturer.  Most offer a greater amount
of control on the penetration side - say 70% penetration / 30 % cleaning.
If you have a 50-50 unit, set it so that you have maximum cleaning action
when welding on thin aluminum. You actually want less penetration to control
melt through.

If you have a 70/30 style unit, reverse the lead and set it at full
penetration.

Good luck....