Fwd: <VV> 1968 Dash Pad

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Thu Mar 3 18:50:32 EST 2005

In a message dated 3/2/2005 7:39:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
airvair at richnet.net writes:
'68-9 pads are tougher to recovered. I've
seen it done, but not without seams.
I've read of firms that redo the '67, '68, & '69 Camaro pads which are molded
like the Corvairs, but have no personal experience.  As Mark said, you can
have an upholstery shop recover yours, but with seams.  If you don't need
concours condition that's a good alternative.  I've seen some beautiful seamed
recoverings that looked better than new and I plan to do the same for my blue '68
when the last pad cracks.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
.