<VV> Corvairs and Pilots

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 27 13:13:24 EDT 2005

My father taught Army pilots during  WWII.  We've got lots of B&W pics of
planes in a row - each graduating class, that sort of stuff.  He later
worked  most of his life for AA.  Retired in 1976.  I took my kids out to
O'Hare to meet his last flight at the gate.  You probably would not be
allowed to do that today.  He prided himself on always staying current of
every type of equipment in AA's fleet.  The last thing he was qualified on
was DC10.

I have a private license, but have not made use of it since 1967.  There was
a time when I wanted to do commercial, but priorities changed and that did
not happen.

My brother had a Cessna 140 until his passing.  At least two - and maybe all
3 of his sons are licensed.

My oldest son owns a 2 place (tandem) Citabria.  He has instructor license
on both powered and non-powered aircraft.  He gives rides to tourists (for a
price) as he has lived on Kauai for a dozen years or so now.

My middle son just told me a couple of weeks ago that he has signed up for
lessons on an ultralight.

Later, JR