<VV> Re: Brakes.

kovacsmj kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 3 21:37:58 EDT 2005

 Vice grips yes, but that might not always work, as I know. I had to
replace the left rear pipe (the real short one) and the hose on my LM. I
had replacements so I didn't care, but it would not off the hose. I
managed to wiggle the pipe out of the bracket as it did come loose from
the junction block. Even holding it in a big bench vise it wouldn't come
loose till I applied heat (of course the brake fluid did burn and
smoke).

 I'd suggest heat, but take care not to set the car on fire. If you are
going to replace the pipe, cut it off and then try heat and vice grips.

 If you cut it off, you can remove the cylinder and then try a work
bench/heat/vicegrips.

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS