<VV> motor oil shelf life - general, not corvair specific

John Beck jb30343 at navix.net
Sat Jul 30 21:43:04 EDT 2005

You could ask Valvoline.  A few years ago I asked Amsoil's tech support
about the shelf life of their gear lube because I had some that had been
in my garage for a while.  They replied that they did not have a
specific shelf life standard for their products but, the industrial
standard shelf life is two years.

Given that someone collects just about everything, you could probably
take your vintage oil to a swap meet and make enough to replace it with
whatever oil you like.  --J.B.