<VV> LM F41 Shocks

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Jul 25 20:44:48 EDT 2005

Bill, Mike and all,

According to the 1973 and 1976 parts manuals the LM F41 had a special shock
PN 3192969.  I could find no listing for a special rear shock though I thought
there was one.  All LM rear shocks are listed as PN 3192096.  I could have
sworn that my '68 with F41 came with a special rear shock and that I had a spare
set on one of the shelves, but I can't find them now (I'm about 80% percent
done with my wife's new kitchen so I can't even get to some of the Corvair stuff
because of all the kitchen cabinet boxes etc.). For what it's worth I've been
using Sears Steadyrider RT shocks (part no. 28-93873) on the front of the
daily driver Non-F41 Monza  for years.  I don't know if they are still available,
but they stiffened up the front nicely without being harsh.  (I still have a
new set in their boxes {probably ten years old} if you can't find something
you like).

Hope the info helps.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair