<VV> Why pay more for parts on Ebay?

DSJKLING at sbcglobal.net DSJKLING at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 21 17:29:38 EDT 2005

I know this topic was brought up a few days ago but
I'm still thinking about it.  Years ago before the
Internet went mainstream and I was new to Corvairs, I
spent alot of time looking locally for parts.  I had
never heard of Clark's, Walls etc and figured with
such an orphan car I was on my own.  I wasn't a
member of any Corvair clubs at the time and didn't
even know they existed.  Now I know differently but I
think for many out there, they are unaware that such
great support exist for our marquee.  I think it is
easier to find that support now given the Internet
and many turn to Ebay to find those previously hard
to find items.  Little do they know that with a
simple Internet search they will come across the
clubs and the Corvair vendors who have almost
everything they need at better prices.

I still get question from people while out and about
like "I bet it is hard to find parts for your van"
or "I bet you can't get anything for that at the
local autoparts store".  I just tell them that my van
seldom needs parts, but if it does, there is a great
selection from our vendors and many things like
tuneup parts are available locally from the autoparts
store.   They're usually astounded or they give me a
half believing nod.

Dan Kling
1961 Greenbrier
1963 Spyder