<VV> Wiring harnesses

Joe West joew@diveaz.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:51:14 -0700

Hi Dave,

Sound logic... Don't replace the harness if there isn't a good reason to do
so.

Unsound logic... Take a harness out of a Corvair and use it on another
vehicle.

I don't think anyone would argue your position... There is no reason to
replace a harness if it isn't bad.

My experience on my Spyder was as follows:

Engine harness was modified to accept an alternator AND it was completely
trashed from splices and broken insulation on existing wires.  I replaced
it.

Dash harness was replaced when I discovered that my fuse box was damaged
from overheating on a shorted connection causing the fuse holder terminals
to fall out.  I replaced it.

Body harness... I replaced it just because I couldn't STAND the thought of
having a brand new engine harness and dash harness connected to the original
body harness.

Trunk Harness... I'm getting ready to replace it 10 years or so after the
dash harness.

Joe