<VV> School me on Swing Axles

Bryan Blackwell bryan@skiblack.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:13:49 -0500

First of all, understand that "that book" was written by a lawyer with
no driver's license (no kidding), but is presented as engineering fact.
  Most of what's in that chapter is wrong or has been twisted to suit
the writer.  Yes, the swing axle rear end will jack, but a stock early
Corvair handles just fine.  Now, if you want something better, the '64
suspension does work better indeed, especially if lowered slightly.
Good shocks and tires matter the most, just like any other car.  The
only thing on a Corvair that's more sensitive than usual is setting the
inflation pressures correctly.  You might look at my website for some
info on handling.
--
Bryan Blackwell bryan@skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/