<VV> Re: WIRING HARNESS REPAIRS ETC

N2VZD@aol.com N2VZD@aol.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:31:46 EST

i have remade several wiring harnesses using main harnesses saved from
junking out mostly late models...  made many new engine room harnesses to include
tach wireing and alternator conversions etc. i also include a trailer light feed
while at it. i bought some real nice wiring harness wide tape with and
without gum at radio hamfests to use. i bought a box of each sex of connectors at
napa to use at ends and reuse the housings in most cases. so far the engine room
is the most needed rebuild.  i should be doing some dash ones this winter to
convert to spyder dash in my van and lakewood with gas heaters etc. so what i
am saying is it aint easy but i feel the need to do it myself to get the
custom options i want including gas heater, gauges, cruise control, ham radio power
leads ,etc etc. (none of my vehicles are stock) regards , tim colson