<VV> Question regarding Summit stamped SBC Roller Rockers in Corvairs

Dave Morris BigD@DaveMorris.com
Thu, 06 Jan 2005 16:32:31 -0600

The consensus (I believe) among Corvaviators (just made that up) is that
roller rockers don't contribute much to an aircraft engine in the RPM range
we're dealing with, and add a lot of unknowns (grinding out the slot sides,
custom pushrods, different geometry, unproven flight history, etc.).  You
can get stock ones from Clarks for $134 that have thousands of flight hours
on them of proof that they work.  You can go to
http://www.davemorris.com/SearchFlyCorvair.cfm and type in "rocker" or
"roller" or any other keywords to see what William Wynne might have written
on the subject.

I think Mark Langford has written a lot about his roller rockers here
http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/corvair/ but again they have not exactly
been flight proven.

Dave Morris