Fwd: <VV> idle prob

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Feb 28 15:06:09 EST 2005

The revised carb adjustment process using a strip of paper as a guage still
is the best "shade tree mechanic" method I've used (though I use the Unisyn
too).  A strip of paper is placed between the idle screw and the lever one carb
at a time on a warmed up engine (run it for awhile and let it sit for 15
minutes or so) and the screw is tightened until a firm drag is felt on the paper.
If the paper tears try a new piece and tighten only till a firm drag is felt.
This method adjusts the carbs for their individual variances.  This method is
in the '68 & '69 Shop Manual Supplements (maybe in '67 but I don't own one).
You don't need HEIM joints to have a smooth idle and passing punch--though
everyone should.

Bob Hall