<VV> Re:ENRICHMENT NEEDLE long again

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD@aol.com
Tue Feb 8 18:07:52 EST 2005

somewhere years ago i got into playing with those needles. i used to have a
source from rochester carb engineering. i made them lighter by grinding to get
more pep.. but when playing with the power circuit you have to play with
distributor at the same time. i still have my old distrib machine here waiting for
me to go thru the electronics which have deteriorated badly. i run late carbs
of some kind on all of my vairs.if you make that needle too heavy you get a
weird stumble on accelaration(powerglide) i may even be able to find my notes on
them somewhere.  vega and something else had that needle.  there were about 8
or 10 different needles made by rochester .some were even made of aluminum. i
used to know how much weight you could put in before you comepletely disabled
the circuit by being too heavy.you could see the difference in a moto
meter(vac gauge). was not much. i played with every aspect of carbs /distributors
over the years you could.  they sent me a big box of roch parts for christmas at
work once because of all the stuff i did and reported on.  gold mine of jets ,
floats, and 4bbl rods etc and such.   wish i was back there...  regards, tim
colson