<VV> tach for monza

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Fri Apr 22 07:14:16 EDT 2005

An EXTREMELY nice fit is an early Spyder tach into the Monza lock hole. No worries about the faceplate numbers and looks absolutely stock (for those
that don't know it's not). Only downside is these are pricey.

Bill Elliott

>Hmm, sounds interesting.  I like the idea of using a Corsa tach because it'll look "original" and match the other gauges.  I'm not stock obsessed (a tach in
a Monza?) but I'd like to look like it COULD have been stock.  I may try it - I'd love to have a tach.  I thought of putting in a Corsa dash but I'd like to keep it
Monza-ish.  Where'd I put that dremel anyway....

>Thanks,

>Mike

>> Have already done that. The key would be to cut off the front part of
>> the metal cup at just the right height. Then make sure the screw channel
>> on top and the flat on the bottom are perfectly alighned with the
>> matching surfaces in the Monza housing. Then seal the joint between the
>> two metal parts. The tach can be wired either thru the regular body plug
>> OR separately. The only thing you'll need after that is numbers on the
>> faceplate. I machined out the plastic Corsa tach faceplate (lense) and
>> glued it into the Monza faceplate.
>>
>> It's not an easy job, and aftermarket tachs are available that work just
>> as well. But it's interesting to try.
>>
>> -Mark
>>
>> mhicks130 at cox.net wrote:
>>
>> >I want to put a tach where the clock would go in my Monza.  Can a Corsa tach be made to fit (relatively easily)?  I realize I'd have to make my own
numbers on the clear plastic but and have jackleg a method to hold it to the back of the dash but will it fit in the available real estate?