<VV> September Farming

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 16:45:50 -0400

Smitty says;  Paul and Tina Whelan hosted their annual "Hoedown" at their
farm this weekend.  With heavy rains just past and Ivan promising to
bring even more, a good many folks were reluctant to give it a try.
Still 50 or so people took the chance and I think a good time was had by
all.  The only real rain came Friday evening.  The rest of the weekend,
though damp, was overcast with temps in the high 70s.  The blind man
autocross was one of the fun events.  Guaranteed to get laughs from the
spectators.  The autocross in the field was lots of fun even though only
the top portion of the field was dry enough to drive on.  (Dry being a
relative term here).  By the time a half dozen runs had been made it was
no longer a question of who could get around the course the fastest, but
a question of who could work their way through the mud and even get back
to the start line.  Spike and I, with his big broad tires and low
undercarriage had the honor?? of being the first to get totally stuck,
clear to the floor pan and had to be dragged out by a Jeep.  The
humongous bonfire in the evening was great as usual with folks sitting
around eating and talking till the wee hours.  A really great weekend.
Gotta go wash the car.