<VV> Differential questions

Larry Danko LDanko@wi.rr.com
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 19:13:28 -0500

Hello everyone. I've got my differential out and the transmission is removed.
I removed the bearing adjuster (counted turns) on the carrier side.

I want to expose the spider gears so that I can check them out. I can see the
bolts on the carrier and I think I can remove them with a combination wrench.
Once I remove the carrier cover, what kind of surprise am I in for? Is it
difficult to remove the gears once the cover is removed? I don't see a way to
properly torque the bolts back down once I reassemble the carrier.

Any information would be very helpful.

Thank you all,
Larry Danko