<VV> Chrysler Transmissions - No Corvair

Keith Hammett khammett@stainlessfab.com
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 11:13:54 -0600

What??  I need a new transmission in my 2000 Windstar with 83,000 miles?
This is the first that I have heard of this, I know that there was problems
with the heads on some earlier windstars but nothing with the transmission.
My Father-in-law has had transmission problems with his Chrysler minivan,
but the dealer put in a new one and no more problems.

Keith Hammett

-----Original Message-----

Message: 1
From: HallGrenn@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:33:08 EST
Subject: Re: <VV> Chrysler Transmissions - No Corvair
To: joe@joefishburn.com, virtualvairs@corvair.org

Two local transmission shops have told me that the Chrysler transmissions
(when used in minivans where the load is greater) are "60,000 mile
transmissions"
and that the Ford Winstar is also prone to failing about the same time.
This
is an urban environment and assumes transmission fluid changes at 30,000
mile
intervals.  But have the transmission checked out--there are alot of
controls
on them now that have to work right.

Bob Hall