<VV> lower choke rod

kovacsmj kovacsmj@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 12:58:39 -0500

 I never tried to do that, but having just replaced both chokes on one
car, it may be possible. HOWEVER, you might have to drop the exhaust
manifold to get your fingers and needle nose pliers up there.

 Now I vaguely remember tying to replace a broken choke rod a few
decades ago and it was a struggle. The springy choke coil wasn't in the
mood to cooperate and stay in position to put the bottom of the rod in.
Did I jamb the spring with something to hold it in position to put the
rod in?? I think so.

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS

It's been too long and i don't remember: is the lower choke rod
removable from the choke coil without dismounting the coil? I think the
threaded collar was dented or bent by my mechanic whom I don't want to
upset, so i'll fix it myself.  On my 65 sedan, portside, to put it
nautically.   -ron 65,66