<VV> Spare fan belt for an A/C car

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 16:42:30 EST

In a message dated 11/2/2004 8:22:18 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
pottsf@msn.com writes:

I GOT  IT! You remove the fan belt AROUND the WHOLE A/C belt and both its
pulleys!  Trick!
I think I would do this if I often took long  trips in hot weather. And
I'd replace the spare belt periodically, just as  though it were in use.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida  USA

In the unlikely situation that someone has installed the old crown bolt-on
adapter in place of the oil filter - One that feeds the oil out to a remote
filter and/or cooler. This "extra-belt" tip works equally well. IN this case it
allows you to install a new belt without removing the oil filter/cooler
lines.  It worked for me on the road in 1973, when I finally tossed a belt on the
way to  school one evening. - Seth