<VV> Flywheel Rivet Replacement

BobHelt@aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Thu, 27 May 2004 01:26:13 EDT

In a message dated 5/26/04 5:05:07 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
lcm8044@yahoo.com writes:

> I am ready to begin replacement of the rivets in the flywheel. The flywheel
> is on my bench, and I have 12 grade 8 5/16" X >" bolts, with all metal lock
> nuts, and a drill press up to the challenge.

Hi lcm,
I hope that these are not standard bolts with normal heads. If they are,
either turn the heads down by half, or get the conical-shaped-head bolts that Dale
uses. If you don't, you will most likely have an interference with the bolts
holding the bell housing to the crankcase. Why don't you use 1/4 inch bolts?
Plan to rebalance the FW after you're done.

Regards,
Bob Helt