<VV> Clueless

chuck chsadek@adelphia.net
Sat, 15 May 2004 22:29:20 -0400

Perhaps an email to Clueless that says something to the effect "Hey
Stupid, Corvairs were Air-cooled; they did not have a radiator".  On the
other hand, maybe that is the number for the oil filler tube cap and the
thermostat (our bellows) matches the ones that open the damper
doors....?

Or get Hank or Swamp Rat Bill Hadley to look it up and cross reference?

Chuck S

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf Of Don Kellogg
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2004 10:03 PM
To: Virtual Vairs
Subject: <VV> Clueless

I thought VV'ers would get a kick out of this e-mail response from the
ACDelco. I sent them a message after finding a radiator cap and
thermostat
listed under 1966 Corvair in their on-line catalog. I thought I might
get a
"thank you" back for finding the error, but instead got this:

Thank you for writing ACDelco.
With regards to your concern, as per our records the correct part
numbers
of ACDelco radiator cap and thermostat for your 1966 Chevrolet Corvair
are
RC26 and 131-87 and we ask you to use ACDelco or GM recommended parts
only.
:o)

Don Kellogg
Brighton, MI