<VV> QUIZ - automatic to manual conversion - WINNER!

Bruce Schug bwschug@charter.net
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:03:24 -0400

On Jun 15, 2004, at 8:17 PM, NicolCS@aol.com wrote:

> Bruce: Would you be referring to the two rubber plugs that protect
> threads on the welded-in nuts for the clutch cross-shaft? ( On the
> bulkhead in front of the transmisison)
> Craig (been there removed those) Nicol

> <snip>This quiz refers to a late-model. I don't know if it is true of
> an
>  early. As has been mentioned here, the bodies were made to
> accommodate either
>  manual or automatic linkage. It has also been mentioned that there is
> simple cover plate that removes to reveal the hole in the floor where
>  the floor shift goes. What very novel part is also removed (I think
> there are two of them, certainly more than one) to make this
> conversion?
> Bruce<unsnip>

Craig's answer was very close. There are small plastic dummy bolts that
fill the holes where the clutch cross shaft mounts to the body. The
assembly manual doesn't detail these, because they're part of the body
from Fisher. They may be detailed somewhere else. I think their are two
of them. They feel like they are made of polypropylene. When I removed
these I thought they were so cool!

Bruce

Bruce W, Schug
CORSA South Carolina