<VV> Spyder dash cluster finish

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:41:00 -0700

At 10:18 hours 06/13/2004 -0400, NOSVAIR@aol.com wrote:

>  It's definitely a pot metal casting...not aluminum.  Unofficially, the
>satin finish on the 62-63 type looks like a annodization process.  If I
recall
>correctly the 64 Spyder was chrome plated with a brushed finish on the flat
>surface to exact the look of the stainless steel glovebox door.

The satin chrome finish (IMHO the absolute best looking Spyder dash ever)
was only seen on 1962 Spyders.   The '63 and '64 Clusters were  brushed
chrome.    I've had a '62, '63, and '64 Spyder along the way and the '62
cluster, glove box door, and radio bezel finish is by far the best looking
of the lot, and easiest on the eyes if the sun is beaming down on it.
However, in a ragtop there's not much you can do regardless of the brushed
or satin finish.

For that matter...  it's hard to find a better looking interior than what's
found in a red-upholstered 1962 Spyder, especially if it has the two-tone
steering wheel.    Case in point, A. Bristow's '62 ragtop; should it make
Lexington, check it out.

tony..