<VV> Parts Identification

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 23:22:38 -0600 (MDT)

I am still working on our friend Robert Golds' Toronado powered 66 Corsa.
Thanks to Larry Clypool I got the wiring figured out.  I have a temporary
set up with a manual swith to run the kickdown solenoid, and the variable
pitch stator thing in the torque convertor.  The kickdown solenoid
seems to work, and it downshifts, but seems sticky, as it takes it a
while before it downshifts when supplied with power.  Now the question, we
have some parts that
Robert picked up off of some other big GM cars with TH400 transmissions.
Presumably they are controls for a kickdown switch or for the stator
control.  I was wondering if anyone out there who has experience with such
things ( I guess most any big GM car with a TH400 or the toro TH425
transmission),
if they could take a look at these pictures and tell us what they
are for.
See

http://www.unm.edu/~geoffj/Vair
The first five are of the parts.  They are big pictures to show detail,
so
they may load a little slowly.

Thanks to anyone who can help identifying them, and to those who helped
when I asked about
the wiring for this previously in the week.

-Geoff Johnson