<VV> RE: Concours and AACA

mopar@jbcs2.net mopar@jbcs2.net
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:12:05 -0400

<snip>
As for the original question of Mark's car, no one has answered my
question as to how this issue would be handled by other clubs such as
AACA.

While not professing to be an expert in AACA rules, especially as far as a
Grand National would be concerned. I could give some insight on how it
would work on a local level.

First, it is very "possible" that an AACA judge would recognize his car to
be modified as it is NOT correct for that model year. That in and of itself
may prohibit him from entering a class intended for "stock" production.
Also, there may not be a class for modified, thus prohibiting competition
altogether.

If this is the case though and it is judged with whatever it is competing
against. most likely production 65-69 against Camaro's, Chevelles,
Chargers, etc... If there are radiaLS, POINTS ARE LOST, anything other than
T3 headlights, incorrect battery, shocks, oil filter, wires, etc are points
against.

Going to an AACA event this weekend myself, a local one.
And I have beaten out more expensive cars with my "Stock" 65 Monza, which
happens to fall into modified by CORSA standards. No arguement with my
classification, at a CORSA event. Just my mistakes which are even more
subtle than a 69 Corsa........This year I'm taking my 67 Coronet.

Gary Swiatowy

http://mail2web.com/ .