<VV> RE: Oil Filters

mopar@jbcs2.net mopar@jbcs2.net
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 15:16:29 -0400

Original Message:
-----------------
From:  virtualvairs-request@corvair.org
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 14:29:01 -0400
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #804 - 13 msgs

Norris)
From: "J R Read_HML" <hmlinc@sbcglobal.net>
To: "VirtualVairs AA" <VirtualVairs@corvair.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:19:59 -0500
Subject: <VV> Oil Filters

I'm finding some relatively high prices locally (Chicago area) for
replacements for the PF4.

They seem to range between $9.50 and $20.00 per copy depending upon brand.
This really bugs me since I was getting REAL PF4s for about $4.00 - less
when filters were on sale.

Does anyone have a definitive list of the part #s from various
manufacturers?  I'd like to be able to hit a couple of parts stores armed
with such a list and see what kind of deal I can cut on a case or two.

I know a few of the part numbers:

Fram = PH4
Purolator = L20014
Wix = 51038

Maybe a few responses from the VV list will let me compile a more extensive
list - hopefully.

Thank you.

Later, JR

I beleive the NAPA number is simply 1038, this is the same filter as the
WIX.
There is also a Hastings filter available as well.
The PF4 is no longer in production, as supplies and demand dwindles the
price will keep going up.
Last year I bought 3 cases of the WIX when my NAPA dealer was able to get
me a good case price, I suggest you do the same and stock up now.

Gary Swiatowy

http://mail2web.com/ .