<VV> More details on rough running at WOT

JWCorvair@aol.com JWCorvair@aol.com
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:20:17 -0500

Hi,

This problems sounds very similar a problem I had while I was running a Pertronix on my 140 hp Corsa. The Pertronix was in my car for about four years. One day, without warning, my engine began to run very rough at high rpm. It would idle ok, but at higher engine speeds (> 2000 rpm) it would miss and run very poorly. After playing with the carbs and wires, out of desperation I reinstalled a set of points, adjusted the timing and the car ran great. I don't know for certain if that is your problem, but you might consider switching back to point to see if that helps.

Regards - Joe White
62 Sedan
Boulder, CO