<VV> Engine/Body question

RoboMan91324@aol.com RoboMan91324@aol.com
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:57:24 EST

No, Guus.&amp;nbsp; 0215 means that the engine was built on the 15th of February.&amp;
nbsp; The number preceding the letter code is always 4 numbers and the first
two are the month.&amp;nbsp; That would only leave numerical room for 100 (99?)
sequential motor numbers for a given month.

As far as belonging to each other, I can't say because I don't have my books
here.&amp;nbsp; The way to approximate this would be to figure how many Corvairs
were manufactured each month and estimate if your car was built towards the 3rd
or 4th week of February.&amp;nbsp; In general, the engines were built a week or
two before they were installed into cars.&amp;nbsp; I believe this to be the case.

Doc