<VV> Re: Smog Carbs

GYoungwolf@aol.com GYoungwolf@aol.com
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 06:48:04 EST

 All A.I.R. carburetors have an extra idle air vent drilled in the top of the
throat. (Some of the machining holes were covered with a brass screw/needle
and some had some sort of rivet). This is of course in addition to the one that
was added to all carbs in 1966. Most of them (90% or so of the cores I have)
had the power enrichment circuit plugged. It is simple to convert the carb to
perform like a 1964 model with some liberal use of JB Weld.
The carbmeister