<VV> Serious Problem with Otto Parts TB-20 Camshaft (link to pictures enclosed)

Rick & Janet Norris rickjanet@charter.net
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 08:36:54 -0500

Joe,
Years ago on an engine I built I had the same problem. I installed a
complete Racer Brown cam and kit in my 140 rebuild. I did all the break in
procedures including using GM EOS and assembly lube. In less than 500 miles
I made a cam lobe look like a bearing journal! Doo doo occurs as they say.
Mfg. defect? Who knows. I replaced the cam and last I knew it was still
running. However all those metal particles that were once a cam lobe were
dispersed through out the engine, with most of them embedded in the main and
rod bearings. As well as I recall all the crank needed was a re-polishing.

Rick Norris
First President CORSA 1971
Email rickjanet@charter.net
Web Site http://webpages.charter.net/corvairalley