<VV> Frank Finally Answers about Sockets

FrankCB@aol.com FrankCB@aol.com
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 12:51:34 EST

Dan,
    Sorry I didn't notice your message to me sooner.  Next time put in a
subject line that will get my attention.
    Looking at the Calterm package as I write this the number it shows is
08543.  They call it a "Ford Socket with Ground Tab".  And it DEFINITELY has TWO
contacts for a dual filament bulb (like the 1057 Corvair tail/stop light) plus
a separate grounding wire connected to the metal socket.  This socket is
nearly ALL metal so it is much better than a NEW Corvair stock one.  I bought 8 of
these from various suppliers.  No, I'm not installing 8 taillights, only 4.
The other 4 are for son Jim who already has 4 Corvair sockets for 4 tail/stop
lights.  In fact, that was the main problem we had with the Purple
Corsavertible when we started our long drive to Lexington, KY.  Various tail/stop lights
kept going on and off every time we hit a bump (heavy duty springs don't
help(:-)  At least if you have 2 lights on each side you have a better chance that
1 of them will activate when needed.
    I believe R S Strauss carries them around here in northern NJ but I don't
know if they are in California.  You might try a Google search for an online
source.
    Let me know how it works out.
    Frank "better late then never" Burkhard

In a message dated 11/16/04 10:33:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,