[V8Vairs] hyd clutch

Tim Barrie tbarrie at meritprecision.com
Thu Jan 22 09:25:17 EST 2009

Sorry, my car is at the body shop so I can't get the measurements.
I went with the 5/8 solely for pedal pressure.
I worked out the pivot points on paper first but to be sure I had adjustment
I drilled a bunch of holes in my pivot arm (about 6 inches long) off the
clutch pedal shaft. The Tilton master came with a recommended stroke. I
started there and just adjusted the pivot point on my push rod until the
Howe no longer disengaged the clutch.  Added a bit of stroke back and went
with that.
To be honest I have only driven it a couple of hours since completing this.
I just wanted to get the alignment done and work out a few bugs before I
took it to the body shop.
It is not the smoothest clutch that I have driven but with the torque of the
V8 you don't have to worry about stalling it.
Tim