[V8Vairs] Audi Transmissions

Me Too dailygrind4ever at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 6 17:43:16 EST 2005

I am a machinist by trade and would consider making
new input shafts out of 41L40 or 43L40 for those of
you seeking upgrades to your stock Saginaw-based
transaxles.  After heat treating they are much
stronger than stock materials and not as expensive as
30 year old components that are available.  There is a
website for a company making T5 based five speed
transaxles...these use modified T5 trannies mated to
the stock differential.  Also is anyone interested in
finding a suitable modern ring and pinion that would
work in the stock case (modified to fit the new r&p)
especially for mid-engine swaps?  I have a problem
with the ring and pinion being driven off the coast
side of the gears, and a FWD r&p out of a IFS front
axle (4x4) would work, just not sure what the r&p size
is on a stock Corvair differential.  This would also
enable upgrading to a modern LSD or locker by way of
simply bolting up to the new r&p.  Much stronger than
a modified spider gear diff.  If interested, let me
hear the comments.
Thanks for your time,
Trent

--- Sadek Charles H DLVA <SadekCH at NSWC.NAVY.MIL>