[FC] Electric Fuel Pump Shutoff Switch - Has anyone experienced this problem?

ROBERT WILSON scwilson8126 at wowway.com
Thu Aug 17 16:54:18 EDT 2017

Hello All;

Still experiencing a problem in trying to get my electric fuel pump to work in conjunction with the oil pressure cutoff switch (replaces standard oil pressure switch).

    * Red lead from pump is connected to the "P"  lead  on oil pressure safety switch
    * "S" terminal on safety switch is connected to "S" terminal on starter
    * "I" terminal on safety switch is connected to a terminal on the fuse block that is hot when the ignition switch is in "on" or "start" position (wiring diagram shows it being connected directly to the ignition switch)

I have confirmed that the starter and electric fuel pump both work.

When I connect the wires/terminals on the oil pressure safety switch with a jumper wire, the engine turns over.

I have purchased/tested two oil pressure safety switches and both present the same issue.

According to what I have read online, there should be some sort of bypass in the switch that lets the engine crank before there is enough oil pressure.

Could it be that I need to connect the "I" terminal directly to the ignition switch?

I'm about ready to ditch the safety switch and wire the pump directly to the fuse block.

Any suggestions?  I am hoping to get it operable for the Woodward Dream Cruise Saturday - I live 1/4 mile away.

Thanks,

Scott Wilson

'63 Monza convertible