[FC] MuseumBrier Update

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Sat Feb 27 04:50:04 EST 2010

The MuseumBrier is back together and running. I still have
to build an alternator to match the engine wiring harness
supplied with the van. Also need to install all of the
engine sheet metal and find some of the retainers that
hold the rubber flaps to the body. Finally, a correct
exhaust needs to be fitted.

After all of that I need to source a heater. Tim did give
me a gas heater in pieces. It is not complete and would
take longer to try to figure out and rebuild than I have
time for right now. The first road show tour stop is the
Charlotte AutoFair in early April. If I can't get a heater
box and the missing duct-work I may have to trailer the
van to NC. I would rather drive it there, but with the way
this winter has been going I would like to have heat.

Right now the Brier is at a body shop getting a new coat
of light gray paint and a white center stripe. Tomorrow I
will deliver a set of correct steel wheels to a friend who
will get them sandblasted and powdercoated the light gray
color. Mike Emanuele is sending me a set of white dog dish
hub caps for the van. It should look great!

As for the museum items that I plan to tour with, Clark
Hartzel is rebuilding the prototype Fuel Injection engine
at his garage in Michigan. Pete Cimbala has a line on an
RV-style "joey bed" that will serve as a platform to
transport the FI engine and make it easier to get it out
of the van and onto a stand for display. I've got a
meeting tomorrow with Chuck Facklam of Buffalo to discuss
strategy for the combined museum displays and our tour
schedule.

As you can see this is definitely a group effort.
Hopefully the results will be worthwhile to the general
membership. Oh yes, I need to order some Corvanactic
stickers for the back windows!! - Pete Koehler