[FC] floor shifter in a factory 1961 FC ??? (Chris & Bill Strickland

Patrick Skiver pnsskiver at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 13 12:24:13 EDT 2009

I just looked at my manual and the picture appears to be a un-finished ,maybee an assembly line photo.Who knows how they produced their shop manuals back then. It could have been the test fit mock-up even. The other photos show similar shades of color (in the black and white photo's) but you can see there isn't any weather strip seals or a steering wheel in the photo. The shifter itself looks like my 1961 Eight Door Delux shifter's.My guess it is a pre-production mock-up. Did you also notice it appears to be in a panel van where the other photo's in the chapter are mostly window vans.Patrick