[FC] battery tray

Wild8bill at aol.com Wild8bill at aol.com
Thu Jan 29 19:50:43 EST 2009

Remember my experience from last summer; the tray broke loose while my wife
was driving it and the Positive battery post became wedged against the body,
creating a current that followed the path of least resistance, the 10 gauge
wire  that runs to the front and traveled back to ground through the throttle
cable.  It resulted in the throttle cable getting so hot it melted the plastic
liner,  making a lot of smoke, lucky the rampside didn't catch on fire.
Basically, it  died on her and I had to go tow it home, and discovered that the
battery had  broke the rusty battery tray, it was still in contact and the battery
was very  hot when I went to go help her an hour after it happened. Costco
battery, one  year exchange no questions asked. I forget how I reattached and
braced my  battery tray.

Bill
richmond CA