[FC] gas tank

noahsarkinc noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 28 11:48:58 EDT 2008

It will not stop the gauge from working, however, the gauge is supposed to
be at the top of the gasoline level, so when it is at the bottom of the
tank, the guage will read empty, and the tank will be empty.  No worry about
it grounding out, since the actual sending unit is located at the upper part
of the sending unit.   The pick up tube is located at the end of the sending
unit, and moves up and down with the level of the fuel in the tank, unless
you are using a fixed pick up tube that will be seperate from the gauge
unit, which I doubt is the case based on your question.... Paul in CT