[FC] PG Cable Update

vair65 at netzero.net vair65 at netzero.net
Sat Apr 19 19:10:35 EDT 2008

Update on the PG cable.  I removed the transmission end and still could hardly move the lever.  Now I at least know that the cable is bad.  Upon removing it from the rampside I noticed that one of the cross members has a dent right where the cable is at.  Theory, judging from the rust PO hit something that caused the dent.  This did some damage to cable and it was slowly getting worse.  Why it would be stiffer in the morning I don't know.
I had asked if I could put a LM cable in, someone responded that it was longer but could be done.  With this in mind I dug for a half hour in the shed to get one off a spare PG from a LM car.  Once I got it I noticed that it is some 42" shorter than the FC cable.  So I am not sure how someone put a LM car cable into an FC, must have been the other way around.  Anyway that is OK, I learned and won't forget that.
Now I must order a new cable.  I also need the plastic curved piece that shows you which gear your in.  PO had glued it in place since the screw tab was broke.  Anybody got one?
Keith Hammett