[FC] FC Dash Speaker Fit

Ken Hand vairmech at aol.com
Fri Aug 17 15:46:42 EDT 2007

??? The speaker originally was a rectangle framed speaker with a small magnet on it. There was also a built in gasket that went to the underside of the dash to keep light from showing through and also to keep dirt and objects from going through the grill. The original also had a cloth tight over the speaker for the same reasons and also there to help protect the speaker.
??? A 6X9 speaker is the closest NON-original speaker that will fit in the area even close. Aftermarket speakers usually have a larger magnet than the stock speaker did but with a little fitting of the bracket you could make them work and hold the speaker in place.

Ken Hand
Handy Car Care
248-613-8586
www.corvairmechanic.com