[FC] gave up on polishing the grill of the GB

Merv Krull krupross at sunwave.net
Wed Jun 21 00:25:06 EDT 2006

HI all!

Well, I gave it a good shot... several shots actually. I give up. The oven cleaner approach was extremely uneven and difficult to control.

It took wayyyyyy too long to scritch the anodizing off with the 320 sandpaper.

A flap wheel 180 grit worked not too bad... still took a long time... but I could not snd and buff out the scratches.

I plan on sending it off to the chrome plater.

Has anyone done this with aluminum stuff?

Any thing I should be wary of?

Anyone tried chrome paint?

Anyone tried the new coloured coatings for shiney goods?

thanx for your responses....
toodles
Merv Krull
Salmon Arm, BC