[FC] key barrel

Rad Davis rad.davis at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 3 23:52:27 EDT 2005

There are those of us who have used the cylinder removed from the car to
cut a new master key with a set of jeweler's files.  If you take your time
and cut one tumbler at a time it's not that hard.  Blanks are cheap, but
locksmiths aren't.

As for how to get the cylinder out of the car without damaging anything and
without a key, well, that's actually illegal in some states.  And it can be
time consuming.  The good news is that locks on all FCs are about as simple
as luggage locks...