[FC] paint for instrument cluster and glove box door...???

Merv Krull and or Loretta Prosser krupross at sunwave.net
Fri Jul 15 23:19:18 EDT 2005

Hi folks!

Quite a few things to do before heading off to CORSALAND...

What paint works for the instrument cluster and glove box door?

Is the box door actually all one colour or is the molded trim slightly different?

Is there a Dupli-Color code that will work?

How about any of those craft paints that simulate gilded silver, gold, bronze, pewter, etc.?

I am leaving the instrument cluster for now until I get the box door correct. So far, I stripped the old paint off and sanded and primed it with Dupli-Color grey sandable primer. It appears the molded trim around the door is a different material.... aluminum?
Will that have any effect on what paint to use?
Will the primer stick to it?

For the instrument cluster, I only need to do the molded trim. Not sure whether to tape or try using a brush.

After painting the instrument cluster trim, I will use McGuiars PLASTX Clear Plastic Cleaner and Polish... it worked fantastic on the 66 Reinel boat windscreen!

thanx!
Merv KRull
Salmon Arm, BC