[FC] Re: (engine cover)

Thomas Stingl tsc01 at corvair.de
Thu Aug 4 04:16:20 EDT 2005

> What kind of hinge do you use for your engine cover? Do you use the little
> hydraluic cylinders to hold the cover up when open?

Well I for one use just two small simple hinges to open the engine
cover and lean it against the 3rd bench in the GB or just turned 180
deg. on the Rampside (which is not so nice for show-off).

Most of the nice FCs I saw in USA had an additional bar like that of
the Corvair cars to hold it open, like the beautiful Rampside of James Law:

http://dl5sbs.de/ts_travel/200402orl/orl20040214h_rs_james_law_eng.jpg

Thomas

--
Thomas Stingl | ts1 at corvair.de | http://corvair.de/ | ICQ# 258018925
1961 Rampside - 1962 Greenbrier - 1962 Monza Wagon - 1963 Corvan